If you have forgotten your admin password for OpenCart, you can reset the password in the database. You will have to use phpMyAdmin in cPanel to change the password for your account. Because you will be resetting the password to the easily guessed word "password" it is imperative that you make sure to change it to something more secure once you are logged in to the OpenCart Admin Dashboard.
Follow these instructions to reset your OpenCart Administrator password:
1. Log in to your cPanel account for the domain that contains the OpenCart installation you need to reset.
2. Open phpMyAdmin, and open the Database that OpenCart uses.
3. Find the "User" table. If you installation is using table name prefixes, this may be something like "oc_user" or similar.
4. Locate the row in the "User" table that contains the username you need to reset.
5. Click the Edit button. It may appear as a Pencil icon.
6. In the Password field, enter the following string, and then click the "Go" button. This will set the user's password to "password"
7. You should now be able to log in to your OpenCart admin panel using a password of "password"
8. Go to your user profile page and update the password to a secure password.
If you need further assistance, please feel free to open a support ticket.